GTFS Realtime Changes¶
The GTFS Realtime Specification is not set in stone. Instead, it is an open specification developed and maintained by the community of transit agencies, developers, and other stakeholders who use GTFS Realtime. It is expected that this community of producers and consumers of GTFS Realtime data will have proposals for extending the spec to enable new capabilities.
The official specification, reference and documentation are written in English. If a translation to a different language differs from the English original, the latter takes precedence. All communication is performed in English.
Active Proposals ¶
Join the discussions on Github !
Recently Merged Proposals ¶
#332 by mckenzie-maidl-ibigroup was merged on Jun 26, 2022
- Adds descriptions to cause and effects of Alerts
- Adds realtime information on trip accessibility
- If provided, overwrites
trips.wheelchair_accessiblein the GTFS Schedule dataset
- Adds a field of a URL link to an image (ex. photo or map) to be displayed in apps’ service alerts, in order to enhance comprehension of the alert
- Changes include: enforced size limit of image, one image per alert, and ensuring URL changes if the content or language of the images changes
- Ability to update route shapes in real time to reflect detours
- Route updates are either reflected by referencing an existing
shape_idor by defining in real time a new shape as an encoded polyline